Have you ever felt like you were pushing too hard, and “running on empty”?
On today’s episode, I will be sharing with you how I was feeling recently, and why I took last week off for the podcast. If you struggle with navigating opportunities and putting yourself first, or you feel guilty when taking a much-needed break, know that you are not alone. Often what the little voices in our heads are saying is not even true and we need to recognize this, step back and take time off.
Things you will learn in this episode:
- The reason I decided not to record last week
- What my travel policy had been – and why I had to change it
- The signs and symptoms that appeared and told me I was near my breaking point
- How I was able to pull myself together and the specific steps I took to take care of myself when I needed a break
- The way I handled my to-do list that allowed me to step back
Links:Click here to reserve your spot for the Life & Law Planning Workshop
Click here to join the Life & Law in Balance retreat waitlist
Episode #8: Why Saying Yes Means Saying No
Episode #33: Time Management Tips with guest Cindy Sullivan
Right-click to download this episode.
My Latest Episodes:#40: Listener Q&A — Strategic Career Decisions for Young Lawyers
#39: Finish Strong in 2017
#38: Live from L.A.W. — Supporting Women of Color
#37: The Magic of Masterminds