I’m so excited to finally launch the Ally Conversation Series here on the podcast, where I’ll be interviewing leaders in affinity groups across the country. We are starting with the new President of The National Bar Association (NBA), Joe Drayton, who will be sharing more about his new role and the steps that are being taken to improve diversity and inclusion in the legal field.
I hope you enjoy this conversation as much as I did, and that you’ll look forward to getting to know more about other affinity groups as we move forward. I invite you to join us for a further conversation with the NBA in our new LinkedIn group, All Rise, at http://heatherjoyhubbard.com/linkedin.
Things you will learn in this episode:
- What is the National Bar Association and who it aims to serve
- What services affinity groups provide and whether they are still needed
- Why is nothing is really changing – and what we can do about it
- What approaches Joe believes are currently making a difference
- How lawyers or professionals in the legal industry should approach the NBA to become more integrated
- What it means to be an “ally”
Episode #83: Dear White Men
Right-click to download this episode.
My Latest Episodes:#85: Setting Expectations
#84: Secrets of a Super Connector with Guest Jason DeJonker
#83: Dear White Men
#82: Boredom versus Burnout