** Explicit: This episode includes adult language. Just a heads up in case you’re listening with little ones around. **
I try to avoid topics related to parenting because I’ve chosen not to be a mother myself. But because I know many of you deal with juggling being a lawyer and parent, I jumped at the chance to interview my mastermind sister, Heather Chauvin. She’s the host of the popular podcast, Mom Is In Control, and coaches women on how to manage a busy career and family. Heather is a mother of 3 boys, stage 4 cancer survivor, and successful entrepreneur. How does she do it all? By managing her energy and priorities. Listen to the episode to hear how you can, too.
Things you’ll learn in this episode:
- What it took for Heather to finally listen to her body and to stop putting herself last
- The ways she shifted her perspective on parenting after making this major realization
- How Heather decided to make herself a priority and then reverse-engineered the process to get there
- The changes she noticed were happening in her life and business when she started focusing on herself — as opposed to always focusing on others
- Tips to help you embrace and balance ambition and motherhood
Right-click to download this episode.
My Latest Episodes:#118: Creating Space to Reset
Bonus Interview: The Gen Y Lawyer with Nicole Abboud
Bonus Interview: Unf*ck Your Brain with Kara Loewentheil
Bonus Interview: The Happy Lawyer Project with Okeoma Moronu