Today I’m talking about mindfulness, which is a way of life and living in the present moment. We tend to see and focus on what we want to, even it this isn’t reality or we’re concentrating on primarily negative things. If you want to be less stressed, less anxious and ultimately happier though, you have to learn how to train your brain and that’s what we’re exploring in this episode.
To accompany this episode I am sharing the notes and resources I give to CLE attendees on the topic of mindfulness.
Things you will learn in this episode:
- The history of mindfulness
- How to manage that “voice in your head” and recognize that it is not you
- Learn how easy it is to lose time when you and the voice in your head are playing out scenarios that could take place in the future
- How mindfulness and therapy can work together effectively
- What does it mean to be triggered and how do you step away from that?
- Mindfulness is not about being in a meditative state all the time, it is more about awareness
- How a formal practice like meditation can help your mind be more aware
Links mentioned in this episode:
Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (Jon Kabat Zinn MBSR)
Right-click here to download this episode.
My Latest Episodes:
#18: When to Change Jobs
#17: Dirty Laundry
#16: The Best Personality Tests for Lawyers
#15: Goal Mapping