I’m constantly seeing posts by other women encouraging collaboration over competition. While I understand the sentiment, it furthers the stereotype that women shouldn’t be ambitious or assertive. There is plenty of opportunity for us to compete and collaborate. If you ever worry about being perceived as competitive or if you think competition is a dirty word, this episode is for you!
Things you’ll learn in this episode:
- Why women should compete – including against other women
- The double standard some women are unintentionally perpetuating that’s holding us all back
- When to compete and when to collaborate
- Why the real focus should be around women supporting other women as opposed to promoting the concept of “collaboration over competition”
- How embracing your competitive side helps ALL women win
When Women Compete from the Women at Work podcast
#16: The Best Personality Tests for Lawyers
My Latest Episodes:#124: Managing Associates
#123: Top Lessons for Lawyers with Guest Nora Riva Bergman
#122: How Big Are Your Dreams?
#121: When You’re the ‘Diversity Add’ in a Client Pitch