For this very first episode of the podcast, I’ll share with you a little about who I am, why I created this podcast and what you can expect each week moving forward.
IN THIS EPISODE YOU’LL LEARN:
- How my legal career began all the way back in the 3rd grade (and the advice my father gave that set me on my career path)!
- A desire to do bigger things led me out of the small town I grew up in
- The importance of mentorship, and the ways my first legal mentor helped me
- An internship position made me appreciate how difficult (and dirty) politics can be
- Why Vanderbilt University Law School will always have a special place in my heart
- How I was able to combine my love of the arts with my desire to become an attorney
- How in 2010 my professional life was soaring, but my personal one was failing
- How a trip to Africa changed everything, taught me about the flow of life, and led me to a different career path
- The types of topics, insights and practical guidance you can expect in future episodes