Today I’m bringing you another Q&A episode where I answer a question from a listener about career planning as a young lawyer right out of law school. Want to know how to take your career on a plausible path that is aligned with where you ultimately want to be? I’ll be sharing my thoughts on how to pave your own way when you wish to get away from the “traditional” career path, how often you should move jobs and how important it is to stay honest with yourself during this process.
Things you will learn in this episode:
- If you should you be looking for a job that is aligned with your career goal or just the best experience possible to add to your resume
- How I planned her own career path (despite what colleagues were telling me to do)
- The state of the job market now for a career in law and how it can influence your ultimate path
- When to “grin and bear it” and when to pave your own way
- The essential habit you need to implement early in your career
- How changing jobs often is perceived now and how it can influence your career path in today’s market
- What to do when your employer doesn’t value you as a hard worker and overachiever
LINKS:Click here to get the Life and Law Blueprint
Click here to complete the Hustle & Flow Podcast Survey
Right-click to download this episode.
My Latest Episodes:#39: Finish Strong in 2017
#38: Live from L.A.W. — Supporting Women of Color
#37: The Magic of Masterminds
#36: Public Relations and Press Success with guest Jennifer Berson