I am so excited to share this recording of a recent presentation I co-presented at the L.A.W. symposium. Our topic was “Invisible Then Gone,” and we spoke about how we can better support women of color in the legal profession. The feedback on that talk was so good that we really wanted to present it to you today as a podcast, so you too could listen.
Things you will learn in this episode:
- When it comes to issues with diversity, why much different thinking is going to be required
- Everyone has a role to play in this…
- How “Invisible then Gone” got it’s start, and what shocks me the most about it
- Why the concept of proximity is so important and how supporting something in theory isn’t going to be enough
- What are micro aggressions, some common examples and how we can become conscious of our own
- The reasons that continual learning on diversity is so critical
Links:Just Mercy by Bryan Stevenson
Right-click to download this episode.
My Latest Episodes:#37: The Magic of Masterminds
#36: Public Relations and Press Success with guest Jennifer Berson
#35: Listener Q&A — Getting client leads
#34: “Meeting the Challenge” Update