In a previous episode of this podcast, I took a hard look at the data available on the status of women in the legal profession in the United States. After the 10-year report related to the NAWL challenge was published, I went directly to the organization to hear the results of the challenge. In today’s episode, I share these findings and I also discuss the challenge to Fortune 1000 companies to significantly increase opportunities to minority groups and women by 2020.
Things you will learn in this episode:
- What is the “50/15/15” conundrum
- Why only half the companies are reporting their numbers – and how that affects the results
- Do women fair better in a one-tier system?
- Why women work more hours, but have less billable totals
- The current pay gap between men and women and the biased against women of color
- The reasons why women tend to leave the profession after 5 and 10-year marks
Links Mentioned in this Episode:Click here to connect with Heather on Instagram
Episode #9: The Numbers Don’t Lie
Episode #12: The Balancing Act
Episode #4: Don’t Blame It on the Kids
Click here to visit the National Association of Woman Lawyers
Learn more about Heather’s Diversity Partner Mastermind here
Right-click here to download this episode.
My Latest Episodes:#33: Time Management Tips with guest Cindy Sullivan
#32: Not All Firms or Companies Are Created Equal
#31: Listener Q&A — Making the Leap
#30: Reacting to Racism