Have you ever wished you could take extended time off to unplug or figure out what you want to do next with your life?
Today’s guest is Zohra Tejani and she did just that. After 14 years at Microsoft and more than 2 years as Assistant General Counsel at VMware, Zohra made the bold decision to take time off to reconsider what she really wanted.
You’ll hear the about doubts and fears that Zohra faced and moved through during this process as well as the realizations that she uncovered. If you’ve ever wondered if you can swerve at any moment in your career, today’s episode will make clear that the answer to that is a resounding YES!
What we cover in this episode:
- Zohra’s background including why she first went to law school and the career path that led her to where she is now
- Why her acceptance speech for the Rick Palmore Award at this year’s Leadership Council on Legal Diversity Alumni Symposium caused so much buzz
- The big swerve that Zohra recently made in her career and all of the fears she faced along the way
- What she learned about space, time, and perspective this year
- How her “sabbatical” resulted in a big decision that she’s announcing today
Wanting to explore a career swerve of your own? Be sure to apply for the Career Clarity Mastermind with Amy Gardner and Keith Sbiral. You can apply at https://www.apochromatik.com/futureinfocus2020
Already know what you want? Applications are now open for The 2020 Experience, my annual mastermind for ambitious, high-achieving women. It’s a transformational experience limited to 32 women ready to achieve major goals while doubling down on self-care. If you’re ready to have a breakout year filled with intense hustle and flow, be sure to apply at http://2020mastermindexperience.com/
Episode #131: Money Mindset
Episode #135: Making Moves with Guests Amy Gardner & Keith Sbiral
Episode #134: Ability v. Ambition
Becoming by Michelle Obama
Right-click to download this episode here.
My Latest Episodes:#136: Starting a Podcast
#135: Making Moves with Guests Amy Gardner & Keith Sbiral
#134: Ability v. Ambition
#133: Healthy Habits with Guest Oonagh Duncan