Do you have trouble shutting off your busy mind?
In this episode, I discuss why we need to respond instead of reacting, and I reveal the times when you need meditation the most. Most importunately, I’m giving practical ways that you can start treating the symptoms of a busy mind (for the long term)!
Things you will learn in this episode:
- What’s the difference between masking the symptoms of a busy mind and treating the underlying cause
- What happens with your mind’s “flight or fight mode” when you’re thinking about work versus real danger
- Ways to trigger your amygdala less
- The reason some people feel like they can’t meditate
- Different techniques that could work for you in your own life!
Links:Episode #10: Your Brain on Law
Episode #19: Changing Your Mind
HeadSpace.com – Meditation made simple
Calm.com – Meditation Techniques
InsightTimer.com – Free Meditation App
TED Talk – How Meditation Can Reshape Our Brains: Sara Lazar
Right-click to download this episode.
My Latest Episodes:#50: Taming the Billable Hour
#49: The Future of Diversity Programs in Law Firms
#48: Behind the Scenes
#47: Ready, Reset, Goals!