Do you struggle with how to approach billable hours, from a planning perspective? On today’s episode, I want to help you understand how to approach things so that you have the best opportunity to hit your hours, without overwhelming yourself in the process.
Things you will learn in this episode:
- The disadvantages of the billable hour system
- My formula for well-balanced billable hours and what actions you need to take for it to work in your favor
- How to figure out your target, based on your own situation
- What firms don’t tell you about minimum billable hours
- How to organize your hours throughout the year and make adjustments monthly with fluctuations in hours
- When to say “No” to projects!
Plus, I share my step-by-step formula so you can make sure you hit your target (and not go over – because overbilling is just as bad as underbilling…).
Links:Episode #27: Non-billable Purgatory
Episode #45: Partnership Traps
Right-click to download this episode.
My Latest Episodes:#49: The Future of Diversity Programs in Law Firms
#48: Behind the Scenes
#47: Ready, Reset, Goals!
#46: Creating a Vision Board