Are you a solo attorney struggling with cash flow or paying yourself consistently? Or maybe you’re in-house or even a partner at BigLaw but feel as though there’s never enough money to give you the freedom to walk away, start a business, or retire when you choose? Today’s guest, Amber Dugger, was in corporate finance for 15 years before she started her own cash flow and profitability system. I’ve been using her system myself and it’s a complete gamechanger, so I just had to have her come on as a guest!
Things you will learn in this episode:
- The importance of managing your finances so you can have the freedom to make empowering decisions (including getting out of those golden handcuffs)
- Why cash flow has nothing to do with how much money you make and the important difference between revenue and profitability
- Why having clarity around the money that comes in and out of your household (and law firm, if you own one) is essential to long-term wealth
- A mindset shift that will have you looking at money in a completely different way, and the #1 rule Amber teaches others
- The digital envelope system and how you can use it to master your cash flow
Profit First by Mike Michalowicz
Right-click to download this episode.
My Latest Episodes:#105: Prospect Lists
#104: Mentoring in the #MeToo Era
#103: Capturing Billable Hours
#102: When Less is More