In this episode, I’m discussing perfectionism and how it can get in our way and hold us back. I’ll be the first to admit that I struggle with this issue. The pursuit of perfection creates unneeded stress and anxiety and holds others to impossible standards. If you try to be everything to everyone and appear like you always have it together, this episode is for you!
Things you will learn in this episode:
- How perfectionism kills creativity
- Perfectionism can be outward facing, as well as inward
- Is perfectionism a form of an addiction/disease?
- Why it’s far more important to take action than create a perfect plan or goal
- Why as women we should start being more vulnerable and lower our standards of perfection to allow other women to do the same
- Why I now pay attention to when I do things to impress others versus doing it because I truly get enjoyment and satisfaction from it (and how you can too)
The Life & Law in Balance Retreat will be held at the all-inclusive five-star Miraval Resort & Spa in Tucson, Arizona from June 11-14, 2017.
The June retreat is open to all female attorneys.
As lawyers are expected to perform under higher and higher levels of stress, it’s no wonder that you may be struggling to achieve the levels of success and satisfaction you’d like. Visit www.lifeandlawinbalance.com for more information.
LINKS:Life and Law in Balance Retreat: A retreat by and for female attorneys. Enjoy four days of interactive, small group workshops to help you feel restored, recentered, and excited about your future.
Sally Hogshead, How the World See You: Discover Your Highest Value Through the Science of Fascination