If you’ve set a New Year’s resolution to break an old habit or start a new routine, today’s episode is for you. Habits are a bit different than goals and much harder to achieve. I’m going to explain why this is and share the steps you can take to start changing your habits, and your life, this year.
But before you listen, I’d love your help as we’re about to celebrate 100 episodes of Hustle & Flow! Go to https://www.heatherjoyhubbard.com/record and let me know your favorite episode so far and why. Not only will it be a great way for me to hear how the podcast has impacted you, I might just feature your story on a future episode of the podcast!
Now back to changing your habits… Here’s what you’ll learn in this episode:
- What constitutes a habit and why trying to use willpower or force to change one won’t work
- What happens when you try to change or create multiple habits at the same time
- How our brain develops habits and the four elements required for a habit to form (regardless of whether you’re aware of them)
- Why habits can have such a strong hold on us even when we understand their negative consequences
- How to leverage what we know about neuroscience to accomplish your New Year’s goals related to exercise, weight loss, and more
Episode #47: Ready, Reset, Goals!
Episode #88: Facebook Ads for Lawyers with Guest Rick Mulready
Episode #96: Setting Your 2019 Goals
The Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do in Life and Business by Charles Duhigg
Right-click to download this episode.
My Latest Episodes:#98: Bonus Episode – Get Clear on Your Vision
#97: Reduce Your Stress with Guest Jeena Cho
#96: Setting Your 2019 Goals
#95: Compensation Prep for BigLaw Partners