If you’re a partner in a large firm (or perhaps even a medium sized firm), there’s likely an entire process you have to follow each year for your partner compensation and equity credits. Regardless of your firm’s process, it’s important that you plan ahead and play an active role. Being prepared will give you the best opportunity to get compensated fairly and avoid leaving money on the table.
Topics I’m covering in this episode:
- Compensation systems and the effect it has on firm culture and lawyer well-being
- Why it’s important to know your firm’s formal and informal compensation process
- How building relationships with key decision makers can make all the difference
- What numbers you should be focusing on and how to back them up for the greatest impact
- Yes, implicit bias is real, so you need to be proactive (yet subtle) in combatting it!
Links:Episode #27: Non-billable Purgatory
Episode #32: Not All Firms or Companies Are Created Equal
Right-click to download this episode.
My Latest Episodes:#94: Going Solo (5 Biggest Mistakes)
#93: Bonus – The Magic of Masterminds
#92: Freedom to Shape Your Future
#91: Dealing with Negative Feedback