Today’s episode is inspired by a recent interview with Oprah Winfrey where she discussed the “disease to please.” I couldn’t believe I hadn’t addressed people-pleasing before so today we’re doing a deep-dive on the topic. In this episode, you’ll learn how you acquired this disease and what steps to follow if you want to stop putting everyone else first.
Things you will learn in this episode:
- Why lawyers seem to be especially susceptible to the “disease to please”
- How being a high-achiever sets you up for a lifetime of people-pleasing
- Why positive reinforcement and negative corrections during childhood impact our ability to be neutral as adults
- What to expect from others when you start addressing your “disease”
- The 5-step process to follow if you want to learn how to start saying no to others
Click here to sign up for the Get It Done Challenge
The Goop Podcast
Connect with Heather on Instagram
Right-click to download this episode.
My Latest Episodes:#57: Income to Equity
#56: Top Takeaways – Strategies to Grow Your Business
#55: Setting Boundaries
#54: How to Give a Great Presentation