In this episode, I show you why you need to create success on your own terms.
I have seen so many great associates struggle when they become partner because the rules have changed, and it’s important to realize that what got you here will not get you there.
Things you will learn in this episode:
- How little practical experience we actually receive while in law school
- Why different levels of being a lawyer require different skill sets and rules
- Why you should be working with people only a few steps ahead of you
- The key things to consider in your firm when looking for success and promotions
- What is more important, billable hours or building your book of business
- Why you need to “play the game”
- The importance of setting aside time to work on your business development